Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Mansion

I have wanted to take a photo of this house for about 15 years. Seriously, 15. I used to drive by it on my way to school (College) and I was always staring at it. It's near a curve so it's a good thing I never had an accident. Anyway, the other day I was driving by and had my camera with me so I pulled over to the side of the road to snap this.

I don't know what it is about this house that grabbed my attention. It could be because there are no other houses nearby. Anyway, this house was the first vision I had for Derek's House. Who's Derek? Derek Alexander, from A Soft Impeachment . He ultimately ended up "living" in a different house, but this is where it started.

8 comments:

  1. No wonder you noticed this house, how could you not? I feel like I'm somewhere in Europe when I look at this picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool house! I can see why you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a huge house...must be so cool to live there... This is Cherrie of Imahotmom.com following you from Follow Me Club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful house! Stopping by from MBC's Follow Me Club...I'm your newest follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm following from Follow Me Club!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that is a gorgeous home!!! There's one home in particular that was near the former preschool where my older twins went to last year that I used to just love to look at every time we drove by! I always told my husband if it ever goes up for sale, we may have to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. his is a really cool house! I can see why you like it.

    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete